By Subject

Showing results 1 to 10 of 649
"Greenhithe"
photograph

"Greenhithe"

Museum Ref No: B4a_0228
"Greenhithe" of London docked at Poole Quay with a cargo of oilcake. The Gas Works coal transporter can be seen in the distance. Lamp post. Delivery bike. 1938. From the Ernest Bristowe collection.
Photograph
"Lady Quirk"
photograph

"Lady Quirk"

Museum Ref No: F4b_0143
"Lady Quirk" alongside Poole Quay. Gas lamp in foreground.
Photograph
"Parkstone"
photograph

"Parkstone"

Museum Ref No: B4_0235
The "Parkstone" of Poole moored at Poole Quay. From the Ernest Bristowe collection.
Photograph
"Sherborne"
photograph

"Sherborne"

Museum Ref No: Bristowe2_100
The ship "Sherborne" of Poole docked at Poole Quay. From the Ernest Bristowe collection.
Photograph
Aerial view of West End House
photograph

Aerial view of West End House

Museum Ref No: Bristowe2_60
View of West End House from St. James' tower, showing chimneys sash windows and pineapple shape finials on the roof. Warehouses and parts of the Quay and Hamworthy can be seen behind rail transporter, man with wheelbarrow. From the Ernest Bristowe collection.
Photograph
Aish & Co Ltd (electrical engineers)
photograph

Aish & Co Ltd (electrical engineers)

Museum Ref No: E27_0016; E27_0017; E27:0018
Aish & Co Ltd, Vanguard Works, North Street. Ground & first floor windows, 1980-89.
Photograph
Altar, St. James' Church
photograph

Altar, St. James' Church

Museum Ref No: E4a_0053
Altar with reredos behind and stained glass window, St. James' Church. From the Ernest Bristowe collection.
Photograph
book

Anglo-Saxon Placenames

Museum Ref No: PLA 942.337
History of the Borough and County of the Town of Poole by H. P. Smith, Poole, J. Looker Ltd., vol. 1 1948. Pages 97-100.
Book
Lt. A.S. Arnold
photograph

Arnold, Lt. A.S. Arnold

Museum Ref No: F2b_0012 det.
Lt. A.S. Arnold, O.C. 14 Pl., C.Coy., Poole A.Tk. Island Command, 3rd Dorset H.G., July 1944.
Photograph
Avenue Place
photograph

Avenue Place

Museum Ref No: D_Avenue_Place_0007

Kendalls Alley, part demolished. Street lamp. Rear of houses in Avenue Place. Photograph Barbara Bristowe
Photograph